Homemade Corn Tortillas
Ingredients for Homemade Corn Tortillas:
- 1 cup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
Cooking Directions for Homemade corn tortillas:
- Mix the masa harina and salt in a bowl
- slowly add hot water and mix until a dough forms that you can shape into a ball
- form into a ball and set aside for 30 to 60 minutes
- Divide dough into 8 sections and roll each section into a ball
- place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and press until flat with a tortilla press or between two cast iron pans.
- Remove the parchment paper.
- Heat a skillet on medium to high heat and pour in a small amount of oil to grease the pan. Fry tortillas for 1 minute, flip and cook for an additional minute on the other side.
Try these Homemade corn tortillas with Seared Chicken with Tomatillo Salsa