Rosemary Sea Salt Sweet Potato Roll
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1 packet
active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp.
- 3 tsp.
fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 1/4 cup
roasted mashed sweet potato
- 4 1/2 cups
all purpose flour
- Peal Cut sweet potato into into 1 inch chunks. Cover with a small amount of olive oil and put on a baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven until soft and lightly golden brown on the bottom. Allow to cool and then mash and set aside.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine milk and water. Heat in microwave until the temperature reaches between 102-110 Degrees. Stir in 1 tsp sugar to the mixture, and add in yeast. Gently mix yeast, and set aside to proof. About five minutes.
- With a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment, add in remaining ingredients, and begin to mix until combined. Slowly pour in the yeast mixture, and allow to incorporated. Mix until the ingredients are smooth and dough like, and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, but still sticks to the bottom.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it becomes a smooth, uniform ball. Place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface and cut into 16-20 equal pieces. Roll the dough into small balls, and place seam side down in a greased and parchment lined 13x9inch baking dish. Cover and let the dough rise, another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top, and reach 200 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
- In a small dish, mix together 1/4 cup room temperature butter, and 2 tablespoons honey until smooth. Brush tops of baked rolls with mixture, sprinkle sea salt and additional minced rosemary on top. Allow to cool slightly. Or serve warm.
Serve with Make Mason Jar Butter
Also pairs well with Savory Kale and Chorizo Soup